Apps of The Week (March 14 – 19)
How was your weekend? If you enjoyed the previous Apps of the Week post (link), you’re in for a treat because we’re back with a new list of apps/games for you. Coolness.
1. Made to Measure (iOS)
Fashion addicts, raise your hands! M2M covers the world of style and fashion – past, present, and future – through fresh storytelling that highlights events, people, and trends that have shaped the fashion world to what it is today and what it will eventually become.
- M2M’s original series that examine the incredibly fascinating world of fashion through exclusive interviews with models, designers and tastemakers. Series feature such talents as Gisele Bündchen, Karlie Kloss, Jessica Alba, Leandra Medine, Lena Dunham, Proenza Schouler, and Richard Prince.
- Runway shows from the world’s most celebrated designers and fashion houses including Valentino, Chanel, Gucci, Christian Dior, Givenchy, Alexander Wang, Tom Ford, Celine, and Marc Jacobs.
This app is available for both the iPhone and the iPad.
App Price: Free – App Download
2. Medly – Music Maker (iOS)
When it comes to creating music on the go, Medly should definitely be at the top of your list. The developers have *finally* been able to make the app available on most iOS devices, and they’ve included more features and created an even better interface. You don’t even have to be a seasoned musician to create music – all you need is Medly.
- A completely redesigned Canvas now called the Board. It breaks up your song into Sections of 1, 2 or 4 bars. Sections are easily picked up, moved, deleted, copied and pasted. Looping sounds and rearranging song sections have never been easier.
- Eight (8) new instruments to the House and Trance Packs.
- 32nd notes are now in Medly, letting you create even shorter notes and more precise beats. You can also change the volume of individual notes from Quiet to Loud by touching and holding a note.
App Price: Free (in-app purchases available) – App Download
3. Everalbum (Android)
There’s no such thing as “too much storage” in the modern times, and while there are plenty of apps that offer deals (for a price), Everalbum can offer something much more – free unlimited, high-resolution uploads. Your photos and videos from Facebook, Instagram, Google Photos, and your phone – all of them can be backed-up. It has a Pro version where you can store full-resolution images and videos which you can try for 7 days.
- Unlimited Storage – Free storage for high-resolution photos from your device’s camera roll; Easily import photos from Facebook, Instagram, and Google Photos
- Get Your Space Back – Easily free space on your device with just a few clicks and make room for more photos and memories
- Secure & Private Backup – Your photos are always private until you decide to share, and you can automatically back up photos on your device, as you take them
App Price: Free (pro version available) – App Download
4. HOUND Voice Search & Assistant (Android)
Been looking for a ‘Siri’ alternative for your Android phone? While the app still requires some work (as most others do), it’s the closest alternative you can get to Apple’s Siri. Not only is it fast, but with HOUND, you can speak commands naturally without needing to learn special keyword phrases, aside from ‘Ok, Hound…’ to start it up. Built for busy people, this app allows you to communicate what you want and move on with your day.
- Weather + Temperature – Ask using natural commands like, “What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?” and “How about in Hawaii during August?”
- Navigation (GPS) + Directions – Get the best directions taking traffic into consideration (ex. “Show me directions to the nearest Starbucks.”)
- Hotel Search + Expedia booking – Be specific on travel options (ex. “Show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275”.)
- Uber – Get fare estimates, journey time, speak your destination and book, all hands-free
- Make phone calls and send text messages – hands-free personal assistant
App Price: Free – App Download
That’s it for now! Enjoy and we’ll see you in the next Apps of The Week!